1. Our core values regarding user privacy and data protection • User privacy and data protection are human rights • We have a duty of care to the people whose data we hold • Data is a liability, it should only be collected and processed when absolutely necessary • We will never sell, rent, share or make public your personal information • We hate spam as much as you do!
2. Legal Obligationsprivacy:This website, as well as our business and internal computer systems, is designed to comply with the following legislation with regards to data protection and user
Our website’s compliance with the above stringent legislation, means that this site is likely also compliant with the data protection and user privacy legislation set out by many other countries and territories. If you are unsure about whether this site is compliant with your own country of residences’ specific data protection and user privacy legislation you should contact our data protection officer for clarification. (See section 8 below).
3. Personal information this website collects and the reasons we collect itThis website collects and uses personal information to track user interaction. As with most websites, ours uses Google Analytics. We use this data to determine the number of visitors to our site, to better understand how they find and use our web pages, and to see their journey through the website.
Although Google Analytics records data such as your geographical location, device, internet browser and operating system, none of this information personally identifies you to us. Google Analytics also records your computer’s IP address which could be used to personally identify you but Google do not grant us access to this. We consider Google to be a third party data processor (see section 5 below).
In addition to Google Analytics, this website may collects information which is held in the public domain, attributed to the IP address of the computer or device that is being used to access it. The information is supplied to us from Whoisvisiting.com. Whoisvisiting.com is a service offered by Whoisdata Limited. The Whoisvisiting system does not use your IP address to identify you, the individual, in any way. No cookies are used by the Whoisvisiting system. The Whoisvisiting system will only lookup information when a static IP address is being used. Differences between a static and dynamic IP address.
More information about how Whoisvisiting uses IP addresses.
3a. Contact forms and email linksSimple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP). Our SMTP servers are protected by TLS sometimes known as SSL meaning that the email content is encrypted using SHA-2, 256-bit cryptography before being sent across the internet. The email content is then decrypted by our local computers and devices. We will only use your information to contact you for the purposes of your enquiry and will never share this information with other organisations for any reason.Should you choose to contact us using the contact form or an email link, none of the data that you supply will be stored by this website or passed to / be processed by any of the third party data processors defined in section 5. Instead the data will be collated into an email and sent to us over the
4. About our serverKualo within a UK data centre.This website is hosted by
Some of the data centre’s more notable security features are as follows:
A range of technologies are employed that help keep Kualo’s servers exceptionally stable. Accounts are isolated with a caged file system that prevents privilege escalation and information disclosure attacks. Multiple firewall layers featuring machine learning and collective intelligence keeps bots and hackers at bay. Vulnerabilities are automatically patched in a wide range of web applications and quarantine known malware, keeping sites and visitors safe.
BitNinja protects the servers from a wide range of attacks. BitNinja uses collective intelligence and machine learning to identify and block threats from millions of ‘bad networks’ which are seeking to hack servers and websites.
Other security features include: Codeguard, Sitelock and Ddos Guardian.
WordPress and all third party plugins and software applications used in our website are regularly updated to the latest versions, to protect against malware and security breaches.
5. Third party data processorsUSA and Australia, and are EU-U.S Privacy Shield compliant.We use a number of third parties to process personal data on our behalf and to add additional levels of security. These third parties have been carefully chosen and all of them comply with the legislation set out in section 2. These third parties are based in the
6. Data BreachesWe will report any unlawful data breach of this website’s database or the databases of any of our third party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.